Our reporter strikes again....


This week I pointed my sharp pen towards the one and only, The Freak Magnet. Co-owner of Rock U, previously owned Freakheim Funeral Home, and father to many adopted children with his wife Kaedy Ferraris.
The Freak Magnet...How did that become your moniker?
I've always been a fan of the strange and bizarre, and seem to attract people from the fringes of society...the artists, musicians, people who follow their own path. We are kindred souls, eschewing the mainstream for the truly beautiful path of individuality. One of my relatives who had met my friends referred to me as "some kind of freak magnet" and I adopted that as my stage name.
As a man all about the music, how did the music transform you into the person you are?
My earliest memories are of music, and I grew up surrounded by a wide variety of excellent music. Music is a universal language, and more powerful than any chemical. Playing music was the only way to express my feelings.
How long have you been a dj?
Julius Caesar hired me for a bacchanalia. Seriously though, I've been spinning tunes for my friends for 40 years, and have done RL stints on FM, AM, parties & clubs. Been DJing in SL since 2007.
Say aliens were invading the earth plotting to take over, what song would you play to drive them back out?
Skid Row-Get The Fuck Out
What was your most favorite themed set?
My Rockergrrrlzzz set where I showcase the awesome ladies of Rock Punk & Metal.
The first time you dj'd ever, what was running threw your mind? Holy shit, this mic is a piece of crap!
How do you feel about today's music? Do you feel the quality has decreased in the last 5 years?
The quality of what commercial radio stations play has definitely declined. Absolute vomit for the most part. On the other hand, bands today are creating the best music I've ever heard! Terrestrial radio is enslaved to the dying major record labels, but web radio is free to play whatever we want to...and we do! So many awesome sounds everywhere I turn, and the general public knows nothing of them.
What goal do you hope to accomplish as a dj?
To educate folks about all the excellent music that is out there, available for them to hear, if they only look for it. I want folks to toss their radios out and search for the killer music that lurks in the vastness of the 'net. I spend many hours a week searching for the best music in the galaxy to play for the listeners of Rock U.
This has been another Rock U interview with Discordia Boom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment